Two years ago, Virginia Tech began its transition from Scholar to the Canvas learning management system (LMS). Canvas is easier to use and offers excellent collaboration, media integration, and mobile capabilities. Don’t wait until the last minute to make the switch!
The move to Canvas is almost complete.
- 88% of faculty who used Scholar are now teaching courses in Canvas.
- 96% of students have courses in Canvas.
Scholar will be decommissioned soon.
- Scholar will be turned off at 9:00 a.m. on May 20, 2017.
- Faculty, staff, and students will be unable to access Scholar after the decommissioning date.
One-on-one help is available to help you migrate from Scholar.
- Intro to Canvas Consultation: Click here to sign up via Google Forms to meet with an expert student consultant and get started in Canvas.
- Course Redesign Consultation: Click here to sign up via NLI to meet with an instructional designer who can help you design your Canvas courses.
Workshops, online courses, and departmental site visits are also available
- See the Canvas for Instructors page for more information.
Avoid a last-minute rush and make the move to Canvas now!